Thursday, September 28, 2006

Conference call

I called into the Elementary Education orientation conference call conference call with WGU tonight. Not much of the info was new to me; I have read and re-read so much of the info on the internet and in the packet that the University sent me.

Although, we did talk about the amount of work that will be involved. There is a ton of work because we are working on our state certification plus the Masters degree. I wasn't surprised, but when the professor mentioned that during the first and second concentration areas will have over 25 assignments I heard several people gasping on the phone. What did they expect? This is a certification and masters program...Of course there is going to be work.

I did learn that if I plan things correctly and work very hard, I can have all of the classes finished for the state certification so that I could start the student teaching in August 2007. If I can do that, then I will be state certified close to the end of the year and could start applying and interviewing for licensed jobs that begin in January 2008. If I took this route, I would then finish the Masters while I am teaching as a licensed teacher. I would just have to make sure that I actually finish it at that point.

No comments: