Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Waiting for school to start

I start classes on October 1. So now I just have to sit around and wait. I am started to substitute teach at my local school district and created another blog, My Path to Teaching, around my experiences there. I hope to get enough experience that by the time I do my student teaching I won't feel really out of place. Hopefully this won't backfire on me. I can see myself getting blacklisted from the district even before I start student teaching.

This Thursday I do have an Elementary Education orientation conference call conference call with WGU. I downloaded the Power Point presentation today and took a quick look at it. We will go over the Masters in Teaching program during the call. This includes different classes that I will be taking, the different types of assignments, and the different tests. Also, ways to get help, WGU communities, student teaching, and a lot of other stuff.

The presentation shows that this masters program can take 48 months based on a 20-25 hour week. I hope to have it finished under two years. If I stick with my plan of doing this full time, I can do that. I just have to be carefull not to get burned out of the program. I hope it will be fun, it should be, and hard too, but mixed with some fun.

No comments: